Wipeout HD VR! Stomach Turning High Speed Racing | Spawn Wave Plays!

Comments

1. Sethdoesgaming The original

Sethdoesgaming The original26 days ago

My mums cousin worked on this game with his mates it’s great to see it on vr

2. zim zum

zim zumMonth ago

This is hands down THE best VR racer there is an ever will be.

3. Juan Armstrong

Juan ArmstrongMonth ago

Lol bitch boi is using the assisted orientation , turn that shit off and instead of the fins moving like that around the cockpit the whole thing sways to the sides giving you the real motion sickness

4. FunForSameer

FunForSameerMonth ago

Change your camera lock option to pilot. Then your stomach will actually start turning 😅😂

5. Georgina Rowland

Georgina RowlandMonth ago

I played this game in VR and i didnt feel sick or nothing. Its was so fun!!! 😁 my favourite game (and i dont like games)

6. MrGAMECATCanaveral

MrGAMECATCanaveralMonth ago

Setup is too difficult?? No way. I take my PS4 and vr stuff to work and back home all the time. I don't unplug the wires from the VR box.

7. chris bayer

chris bayerMonth ago

Its amazing, its awsome, super interesting, really cool, works so good.....is it system seller, no!!!! Really I dont think you could've said more positive things about it but still be negative

8. jack hewitt

jack hewittMonth ago

Try it out today So amazing and nearly fell off

9. Elyk Regna

Elyk Regna2 months ago

I can't drive for shit on a t.v. but in VR I can drive quite well even with the pilot assist turned off. Best part is it's the whole game in vr

10. Susan Appleby

Susan Appleby2 months ago

I love this game but would puke my ring if I played it in VR. Every time you hit the wall it would make my stomach lurch. Love wipeout though what a buzz of a game. million miles an hour. I love the way that they track stays level to your eyes instead of being flipped on its side like in the 2D 1st person perspective.

11. MrStealth654321

MrStealth6543212 months ago

Wild shit.

12. Michael Florentino

Michael Florentino3 months ago

Bad pilot.where did you learn to fly?

13. Seven Angelz

Seven Angelz4 months ago

Standing up is always more emersive

14. Kolin Mademe

Kolin Mademe4 months ago

Flip your headshot vid(horizontally), it will match your direction of travel in your game. ;)

15. Özgür Karter

Özgür Karter4 months ago

This became my favorite vr game as soon as I started playing it. Sony does not promote this game as it should, for example they can have wipeout bundles with the VR.

16. cunning wolf

cunning wolf5 months ago

i hate they take away your perfifal vision now... i hate being forced to look straight in vr

17. Daddy Ascii

Daddy Ascii6 months ago

well i guess i can look down at my Cock... PIT!!!

18. h

h7 months ago

It's on sale for 11.99 on PSN guys. And it's INSANELY fun both in VR and without. Completely worth the asking price.

19. George Tsinikos

George Tsinikos7 months ago

The craziest game for vr is gts! Is completely amazing.. If we had HD resolution in vr probably you didn't need to go in a real track again!

20. PersonaG31

PersonaG317 months ago

I brought the PSVR mainly for until dawn rush of blood when it came out.

21. PersonaG31

PersonaG317 months ago

Can u unlock new tracks, just brought it today. Cant wait to play in Vr when off work. PSN:PearsonaG28

22. PersonaG31

PersonaG317 months ago

Do u have a ps4 pro or no?

23. Jeff Raine

Jeff Raine8 months ago

Just got mine tonight.Cant wait to clear the dust off these things and play something decent🤞🏻

24. Matthew Arthur Traylor

Matthew Arthur Traylor8 months ago

Lol. I played the demo a few days ago. Its awesome. If you thought it was fast in novice....try the hardest mode....holy hell thats awesome!

25. mauken-dyn

mauken-dyn9 months ago

Fast Facing Neo/Rmx VR? XD

26. Noside Foxhound

Noside Foxhound9 months ago

Looks awesome!

27. Elkdog

Elkdog9 months ago

You're picking the maps that pissed me off the most lol, I didn't have trouble on time trials or stuff like that, but the single races on those two maps gave me so much trouble. I kept hitting walls and whenever I'd hit someone with rockets I'd just crash into them and they'd still be ahead of me.

28. stoeger 2

stoeger 29 months ago

I hope the psvr works with ps5 when it comes,even if when they bring out a new one

29. W1P30U7

W1P30U79 months ago

Been a fan of this game since the PS1 era! Awesome update 😎

30. GoodAdvicesForFranco

GoodAdvicesForFranco10 months ago

wipeout and fzero where allways better in 3rd person Anyhows

31. Thomas V.

Thomas V.10 months ago

Don't be fooled, the psvr set up can be really easy. In my case its matter of placing the camera and turning on the headset But i guess its different for others?

32. ekoms108

ekoms1085 months ago

It depends on the room. The camera shouldn't be further than 5 feet away for seated games

33. Emanouche

Emanouche5 months ago

I've set it up yesterday and it was a breeze, I think there is a little bit of a learning curve where you need to do it once and figure it out. same with calibrating.

34. trevor random

trevor random10 months ago

2.23 actually starts

35. Ice_Duke

Ice_Duke10 months ago

Play war thunder vr

36. droid4D

droid4D10 months ago

Spawn Wave can you talk about Dreams PS4 it will have PSVR

37. urigeller Valdal

urigeller Valdal10 months ago

Love Wipeout since the 1st generation.. When i heard that they were makin it for VR i couldnt think of a game that would be more breathtaking than wipeout. Download day eventually came. i played one lap and was so dissapointed i never played again.. Feels very gimmicky. The viewpoint from cockpit combined with movement betrays that no real VR work has been done here thats breathtaking.. Just a fixed point of view within the immersion is not enough.. The ship layout in the cockpit is minimalist to say the least and just does not add any weight to realism. VR is about 2 generation of console away from being anywhere near 'virtual' reality. by then i'll be closing in on bein 60 finally playing games that i dreamed of since by then having seen the lawnmower man race scene 40 years earlier..ha

38. robin & bernhard

robin & bernhard10 months ago

If new roll cage ( donno real name ) who wil come out on ps4 this year and if got VR do that game :D m.mreporter.net/v/video-qQBuoFN8gig.html

39. 005 AGIMA

005 AGIMA10 months ago

Does it work with a HOTAS?

40. popothebright

popothebright10 months ago

Meh. Looks cool, but I'd be bored after a couple plays.

41. A1M AND F1R3

A1M AND F1R310 months ago

THERE VR FOR MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE GAME!?????!!!!

42. Reydriel

Reydriel10 months ago

Oh shit, imagine zone mode with VR!!! :OOOO

43. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

It gets pretty intense, but you can also judge turns much better.

44. Brian Voll

Brian Voll10 months ago

I was looking into getting a PS4 Pro for Spider-Man later this year. Trying to find other games, nothing really sticks out. I’m not sure I can justify buying PSVR just for one game, are there any other good VR games on PS4?

45. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

Non VR Games: - God of War - Until Dawn - Uncharted 4 - Infamous Second Son - Bloodborne - Nier: Automata - Horizon Zero Dawn - Shadow of the Colossus - Nioh - Gran Turismo Sport - Wipeout Omega Collection - Ratchet & Clank - The Order 1886 - Driveclub - Persona 5 - Ni no Kuni II - Yakuza (0, Kiwami, 6, etc) - Gravity Rush II - Etc, etc, etc... And Upcoming: - Death Stranding, - Ghost of Tsushima - The Last of Us Part 2 - Days Gone - Detroit Become Human - Spider-Man - Concrete Genie PSVR Games: - Farpoint - Moss - Resident Evil 7 - Wipeout Omega Collection - Archangel - Megaton Rainfall - Gran Turismo Sport - Driveclub VR - Until Dawn Rush of Blood - Sprint Vector - Doom VFR - Skyrim VR - Batman Arkham VR - The Inpatient - Apex Construct - The Persistence - Mortal Blitz - RIGS - Raw Data - Rez - The Playroom VR -... Etc, etc, etc. Need more?

46. TranceWarfare

TranceWarfare10 months ago

Battlefield VR is when I'll start thinking if gettin

47. BraveStaRR

BraveStaRR10 months ago

This is one of the Games I've always dreamed of playing in VR !!

48. Robert Dagata

Robert Dagata10 months ago

i had no idea PlayStation was doing V.R. lol

49. MegaRayland

Since 2016.

50. CasePB

CasePB10 months ago

Guess you never played Redout in VR. This looks like a slower version of it.

51. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

He is playing in the slowest speed class in the game.

52. SHADOSTRYKR

SHADOSTRYKR10 months ago

The easiest medicinal free cure for motion sickness is have a fan pointed at you

53. ZWGamemasterGame

ZWGamemasterGame10 months ago

Really love this game on VR. It is perfect. How come i do 't see the sidewalls of the cockpit in your video. Is there a setting or did you duck down and lean forward? For me this a real killer-app for PSVR.

54. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

You can turn those off from the options menu. You can also change how the screen reacts to head motions or ship motions (in the video he left this tied to the road, so you are always parallel to the track). You have full control over a multitude of comfort settings.

55. Arcade Party

Arcade Party10 months ago

Never tried psvr, but this looks really detailed and clear (hope there are more games of this quality in the future).

56. Boogie Man

Boogie Man10 months ago

You can change the view settings for a radically different feel. The options are ' Lock camera to cockpit' (The one selected in the video) 'Lock camera to track' (More immersive) Or play it in classic view mode 'Lock camera to pilot' which locks the camera outright, allowing you to pitch yaw and go upside down. The patch has 3 different styles of cockpit.

57. Boogie Man

Boogie Man10 months ago

Track camera is the most 'theme parky'. Pilot cam is 'Theme Park Extreme'

58. Jeff Fuehr

Jeff Fuehr10 months ago

which view is the most bad ass for VR?

59. ozzyg82

ozzyg8210 months ago

I’d love to plat this but can’t handle the stomach churning. 😭

60. Silvacruisa

Silvacruisa10 months ago

This game is a Psvr system seller!!!

61. kraenk12

kraenk1210 months ago

First: Game is not called Wipeout HD, It’s the Omega Collection consisting of three games, HD, 2048 and Fury. Second: you really need to switch to pilot view in the options and disable the pilot assist to get the full experience! Third: Compared to other titles I think Wipeout is actually very easy on the stomach. It’s much easier than expected.

62. kraenk12

kraenk1210 months ago

Jeff Fuehr it’s not under PSVR as it’s a non VR game that got an upgrade

63. Jeff Fuehr

Jeff Fuehr10 months ago

i wondered why i didn't see this game in the PlayStation store thank you for the info

64. theheebs100

theheebs10010 months ago

I suddenly am interested in VR

65. Regaljester75

Regaljester7510 months ago

have you tried trackmania in VR yet? i think you'll like it.

66. Arien Van Stralen

Arien Van Stralen10 months ago

I think you mean "omega collection" not HD. But whatever. I'm loving this. It was a little jarring at first, and trying the "lock to track" option was a mistake, but I can handle almost anything now. I play way better in VR and you just feel awesome. They really nailed it. The first time trying the Sol track was pretty nuts!

67. James N

James N10 months ago

this is a gimmick, like standing off a cliff. Hopefully future PSVR games rely less on gimmicks and instead create games where you forget you're using VR since it's so smooth and immersive. Using cheap tricks like roller coaster simulator....come on

68. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

I get it: you saw or played Rush of Blood and thought that was it. Maybe you should try other games such as Sprint Vector, Moss, Driveclub, Farpoint, Archangel, Doom VFR, Batman Arkham VR, Skyrim VR, and so on and so forth, or check the library of games to see that there is more than just games with "things jumping at you, extreme heights, or roller coaster simulators". BTW- You have the concept of a "roller coaster simulator" wrong if you think Wipeout is one, unless you believe games like Forza or Gran Turismo are also it just because tracks have terrain variety and inclines. Even the few 2048 tracks that have a drop wouldn't fall in that category.

69. James N

James N10 months ago

MegaRayland it’s basically a roller coaster simulator. I’ll believe in PSVR once new games are made that don’t rely on things jumping at you, extreme heights, or roller coaster simulators.

70. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

How is Wipeout in VR a gimmick, exactly?

71. Timothy Lewis

Timothy Lewis10 months ago

I was going to buy it for my PSVR but I haven't really liked the series since the 90s and it's $40. *Edit* Fuck it. You sold me on it. I'm buying it.

72. coolertuep

coolertuep10 months ago

Farpoint with the aim controller is really, really good

73. VR Sofa

VR Sofa10 months ago

Your playing with the tilt on? You need to play on faster tracks and use "fixed to pilot" then you can actually see what it's like.

74. XxTheGameCollectorxX

XxTheGameCollectorxX10 months ago

Best way to play this is drunk. Just tested and proved that.

75. Juan

Juan10 months ago

how do you play on the cockpit view without part of it covered? I cant seem to find the option.

76. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

OPTIONS>GAME. There you have them all.

77. Stephen John Hall

Stephen John Hall10 months ago

Just played PSVR update for wipeout.........if u don't have psvr get one just for this....wow

78. Jeff Fuehr

Jeff Fuehr10 months ago

how can i get this game? i don't see it in the PlayStation store i looked at all the VR games, and didn't see it

79. ビムカナン EX

ビムカナン EX10 months ago

VR works well for racing games. I’ve been playing around with DiRT Rally & GT Sport.

80. Johno Daz

Johno Daz10 months ago

Quality let's play Jon(SW). Really nice stuff looks like it gives you that old school Arcade feel about playing it aswell. I still think Horror is probably the best genre too play in VR but Racing I can imagine feels very immersive also in VR.

81. Fun With The Bugs

Fun With The Bugs10 months ago

Hard to play this game in 2D once you play it in VR. I know you mentioned this but agree that he clarity of this game compared to other PSVR games I have tried is totally at another level. It doesn't have all that bluriness that a lot of PSVR games have that makes you think your eyes are going bad.

82. CasePB

CasePB10 months ago

It's not as hard as you think. I actually prefer racing games on a "2D" screen due to my fondness of the 3rd person view. Never liked racing in first person.

83. mhobin12

mhobin1210 months ago

if spawn switched the camera from locked too cockpit to locked to the pilot then you'll get an adrenaline rush. but also motion sick if your prone tp iy

84. coolsmile1234557689

coolsmile123455768910 months ago

This is not the game i thought it was i thought it was Wipe out the obstacle course/game show

85. RetroNoticias

RetroNoticias10 months ago

You should definitely try Mario kart vr

86. William Collins

William Collins10 months ago

I could imagine the higher speeds are going to be tough on your body. Your body flinches on every turn if your not use to it. I see people tossing cookies after the race. Lol

87. MobileDecay

MobileDecay10 months ago

I tried Redout in vr and it sucked. Everything was flat and zoomed in. Too bad I don't have a PS4 with psvr. ☹️

88. ZeroB4NG

ZeroB4NG10 months ago

If you are on PC you should try RedOut ...also has a (tacked on) VR mode but i prefer it on a 144Hz screen for the SPEEEEED.

89. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

He is playing in the slowest speed class here.

90. El Jokie

El Jokie10 months ago

You should check out starblood arena

91. TSOmac Games

TSOmac Games10 months ago

If, the very first time you played wipeout, you didn't imagine yourself in the cockpit, then I'm sorry, but you don't have any sort of imagination. This VR update was inevitable, as far as I'm concerned. Awesome stuff! 🤮😁

92. Master Yoshi

Master Yoshi10 months ago

4:10 the main reason your crashing into the walls is because this game is way too floaty. F-Zero GX/AX is the best by far for it's game play.

93. chris roberts

chris roberts10 months ago

So I've been a subscriber to the channel for a while, And I noticed a couple of months ago that I stopped getting notified of future videos by Spawn Wave but I was busy and didn't think much of it. I went to go visit the channel this morning, and realized that I was autounsubbed. Has this been happening often? Or was I just unlucky in this?

94. BookerBulldogs

BookerBulldogs10 months ago

Was playing it yesterday, awesome game

95. BookerBulldogs

BookerBulldogs10 months ago

Jeff Fuehr it is dude just do a search

96. Jeff Fuehr

Jeff Fuehr10 months ago

how come this game ain't in the PlayStation store?

97. Bombchu

Bombchu11 months ago

Awesome, would love to see more PSVR coverage!

98. II II

II II11 months ago

Better have a bucket ready for all the vomit.

99. Rite Flyer

Rite Flyer11 months ago

The problem with VR and 4K and high refresh rate monitors is that unless you try it out, you can't appreciate what it feels like.

100. Alien Frequency

Alien Frequency11 months ago

VR just doesn’t excite me in the slightest. It’s clunky, cumbersome and just a PITA to be stuck in one spot and to have to wear a headset just to play a game.

101. B S

B S10 months ago

Yeah, seriously, if he doesn't like VR, let him not like it. Why get your panties in a bunch over it? lol. I think it's pretty stupid too, and yes, I've also tried it more than once.

102. Alien Frequency

Alien Frequency10 months ago

In other words, "You can have an opinion, as long as it matches my own." In the very next News Wave after this video, John also said that it's a pain to set up and you have a lot of wires. And Yes, I have tried VR, I just find it incredibly lame and more effort than it's worth. Of course I don't expect to play VR without goggles. My point was that it's not worth the hassle to wear them. I think you know that and you're just being difficult, because I doubt you're really that stupid.

103. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

If you have room around you can move (do it all the time in Farpoint) and the cables don't bother you at all. And in the here and now, how do you expect to play VR games without goggles, exactly? You can have your opinion, but at least make is sound reasonable when you seek out and post in a video for a VR platform you don't like or haven't tried.

104. Alien Frequency

Alien Frequency10 months ago

MegaRayland too many wires, you’re stuck in one spot, you have to wear goggles... it’s just a pain in the ass, completely not worth the hassle and yes, clunky and cumbersome TO ME. You obviously disagree and you’re entitled to that opinion, just as I’m entitled to my own.

105. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

How is it "clunky or cumbersome"? PSVR takes you about 20 seconds to put on the moment you turn it on. You are playing in VR the moment the game loads.

106. Difford

Difford11 months ago

If you think this was the best use of VR that you have seen Spawn, then I think it still has a long way to go. I don't like the menu's moving around because of your head as I believe you don't need to look around like that when selecting something. Edit: I don't think it will catch on as a spectator sport either because you can't control the other person's movement. I just noticed that at the end of the video. There is a big difference when someone is streaming a non-VR game where the screen is static. Great video though, nice to see it in action.

107. Zachary Goterch

Zachary Goterch11 months ago

Ha, Thumper would beat the speed of this game all day in VR. You have to try that game next.

108. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

He is playing in the lowest speed class.

109. Tariq Yasiin

Tariq Yasiin11 months ago

John is your real name???

110. Young Dev

Young Dev11 months ago

Super Hot VR is 100% worth it

111. Benjamin Munk

Benjamin Munk11 months ago

You want the ultimate VR experience, get Robo Recall. Mind blowing experience.

112. Mako69

Mako6911 months ago

You need to play raw data

113. Jock Jackson

Jock Jackson8 months ago

Mako69 raw data is fun as hell I just played the demo

114. Lucy LeSeelleur

Lucy LeSeelleur11 months ago

One of the best uses of VR is when games have you sitting in a cockpit. It can feel very immersive.

115. Jeff Fuehr

Jeff Fuehr10 months ago

did you check out the jackal?

116. Fendera

Fendera11 months ago

in the options I locked the camera to the player, in that way it is so much more intense!

117. enjoi0555

enjoi055511 months ago

I’ve got PSVR and this is the opposite of experience I want with it. It seems to just be a gimmick with VR I need to focus on high speed racers not feel like I’m legit piloting one. It used to be an arcade racer, now it’s a sim.

118. MegaRayland

Same here.

119. MegaRayland

MegaRayland10 months ago

You need to play it. It has nothing of gimmick. Not only this is the full game, with all tracks, events, and championships, but you can also play online against non-vr people. In actually once you play it in VR you are not going to want to play it in 2D again. You can judge turns much better, asses spacing and distancing without issues, and just overall drive more efficiently. I never posted as fast times on HD and Fury as I have playing it in VR.

120. Arien Van Stralen

Arien Van Stralen10 months ago

Actually, I found I was smashing my times when I was in VR. You can anticipate corners better and the experience is way more intense. I don't see it as a gimmick. I have no desire to play 2D now. I couldn't believe how well I did on the Altima track with Zone mode

121. Jay T

Jay T11 months ago

I wish I made videos with Psvr content so I could share my enthusiasm and genuine excitement that Vr brings. I'll name 3 VR games that I feel made my purchase well worth it. MOSS... Resident Evil 7... REC ROOM... There's definitely more but these games have different gameplay and VR experiences that u can judge the impact of vr VS non vr. Such as the difference of a puzzle platformer game traditionally VS a puzzle platformer In Vr.

122. JustGamesville

JustGamesville11 months ago

Good buddy has been drifting in Asseto Corsa with a rift since they came out and it is impressive but still hard to play for long... Still tho it looks amazing from that perspective

123. ZDMON

ZDMON11 months ago

I don't have a PSVR so i can't say anything about this game, but i played Redout on PC with a Vive and it was decent but way too slow and limited, racing without VR was more fun. But I also played F-zero GX in VR and THIS was awesome! And dude the first time i did aeropolis with that crazy U-turn, i realize how insane that was and i didn't get sick so that was a plus. I got a headache trying Mario Galaxy in VR tho... which kinda makes sense. Anyway, can't wait for cool future uses of the VR like this one.

124. TayoEXE

TayoEXE11 months ago

The thing about motion sickness isn't VR. I research VR, and the effect of such high immersion is an experience close to reality. It's no longer like a game. If you were in a real experience, you'd likely feel motion sick or more.

125. Colton Zamora

Colton Zamora11 months ago

Nino kuni 2 on switch please

126. The Aki War

The Aki War11 months ago

Keeps dreaming~~~ F-Zero VR

127. staefah

staefah10 months ago

Dolphin (the Gamecube emulator) has a VR mode that works with F-zero GX.

128. mpholicx2

mpholicx211 months ago

I have a rollercoaster demo for the Vive and it really can cause motion sickness in some people.

129. Aidán G.

Aidán G.11 months ago

They just mentioned you like twenty times in the known today, congrats!

130. philosoaper

philosoaper11 months ago

I'm sure you'll be able to finish a single track once you get used to the VR mode of it.

131. Soul Invader

Soul Invader11 months ago

You should give knockout league a try it’s like super punch out in VR . Also another great VR racing game that doesn’t seem to get the love it deserves is Dirt Rally that game really gives you the feeling of speed. Definitely going to pick this one up I been a wipeout fan since that demo disc I got with my PlayStation 1

132. El Comanche