What's New on Tango (Google I/O '17)

Comments

1. Белый Буддович

Белый Буддович8 months ago

What is betteer and more quality Dell, phab2pro or Asus?

2. Donald Trump

Donald TrumpYear ago

I felt surprised and shocked by this fascinating project. It's a great idea that a mobile phone can capture a 3D image. And i like that so much. Cant understand why Google shutting down this project... as well as the previous project Ara... both of them are really special and attractive stuffs to me...

3. Ersen Özen

Ersen ÖzenYear ago

can we measure nonlinear line?

4. Philip Almqvist

Philip AlmqvistYear ago

I remember seeing this guy's wiimote headtracking WAY back. Seems to be doing well, good on him!

5. Secular Guy

Secular GuyYear ago

Was the audience dead? Those were some pretty cool demos, especially the live one with real people (ie the water bottle demo), and not a peep from the audience.

6. Nadeem Shaikh

Nadeem ShaikhYear ago

Secular Guy they are developers not the press like in apple keynotes

7. vankov_yurk

vankov_yurkYear ago

I want to buy AR phone which one is better?lenovo or asus?

8. mamborambo

mamboramboYear ago

Is it possible for tango hardware to be sold separately as peripheral for a regular phone? I am aways curious why it is necessary for the tango sensors to be part of the phone --- doesn't this strategy limit the growth of the product availability, and indirectly the market penetration? From my experience the two Tango phones (Asus and Lenovo) are both quite hard to find in the market..... without easier and cheaper hardware availability, we could be ending up like the Google Glass experiment.

9. Christopher Choi

Christopher ChoiYear ago

Its obviously possible to separate the tango hardware and sold as a peripheral, but what is special about Tango isn't its hardware, its the software. All the motion sensing, object tracking, etc (what makes tango special) are all software based not hardware.

10. Mohammad M

Mohammad M2 years ago

Wow, can't wait for Tango to get out and see not a single developer want to do ANYTHING with it, very promising. Why? Because developers don't use the greatest software on the market, they use the technology they can punch out the fastest, by the time Tango SDK is released, everybody is going to be making mediocre apps for Apple all because Apple will have a bigger market of users to work with. Not to mention you need a google made phone with the specific model parts JUST TO USE THAT ONE FEATURE.

11. Pascal Gula

Pascal Gula2 years ago

Kudos, the Future is (AR/BR)right !!!

12. AGING MIRROR

AGING MIRROR2 years ago

AR on Handys will always be a gimmick, build it into some smart glasses and all people will understand what you talk about

13. billy zheng

billy zheng2 years ago

where can I get the occlusion sample code on tango?

14. Carlos Arteaga

Carlos Arteaga2 years ago

I am interested into investing for the project tango. This can become the new big thing and can strike for success along the way. Please let me know if you guys will open a stock market for this.

15. Mark Karm

Mark KarmYear ago

Carlos Arteaga It can a create a very sustainable industry around it. One example could be the shopping aspect of it, where a whole entire sector needs to implement the technology in order to stay ahead of the competition.

16. Al Bencomo

Al Bencomo2 years ago

Does anyone know the name or artist of the song played almost at the end? mreporter.net/v/video-BOrg2oc3-rQ.htmlm45s

17. Kalibur Kitty

Kalibur Kitty2 years ago

Yay! Johnny Lee is back!

18. navin rai

navin rai2 years ago

As an apprentice android developer I am sad and excited. As a new tech I am excited that such possibilities are coming to us. But when I think I will have to go through learning it if I want to keep up with it.

19. Kevin A. Ramarozatovo

Kevin A. RamarozatovoYear ago

Learning brings growth, may your excitement surpass your fears sir !

20. Kevin Lieberman

Kevin Lieberman2 years ago

Is the slide deck available?

21. Cliff Kung

Cliff Kung2 years ago

2:25 Hardware 3:37 Software 5:04 Game 5:50 Shopping 7:10 Tools 10:05 Sandbox Demo 12:20 Asus AR Demo 14:50 SDK Improvement - Constructor Dev Tool 18:15 WebAR + Chromiun 20:30 VPS demo

22. Divyesh nihal

Divyesh nihal2 years ago

4rth comment yay

23. JetJockey87

JetJockey872 years ago

Beau Lotto is a neuroscientist who works on human perception in a very interesting way. To see Johnny Lee referencing him at the start of this talk, very exciting to see.

24. Amough Goyal