The Sad Truth About the Turmeric in Your Golden Latte

Comments

1. Leon Judge Artwork

Leon Judge ArtworkMonth ago

Finishing your sentences high all the time

2. Reina Macarena

Reina MacarenaMonth ago

Lmao the fact that science decided to do a study on it 😅😄😃🤣😂😁😀 Guess what people. I had inflammation in my body that was badddddd turmeric is my savior. I put that schiz on everything. If you make a latte, don't 4get to add black pepper for bioavailability. Also add cinnamon to fight insulin spikes and last but not least , top it with hella whipped cream. Ummm ummmmmm good🤗😘 Extra tip... get an empty spice jar and fill it with turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, garlic and onion powder, parsley, cilantro, cumin, etc all the healthy herbs. Carry it with you to take to restaurants, friends, etc😉

3. Bidu Bidu

Bidu BiduMonth ago

This is Haldi Dhoodh(turmeric milk) originated in India/Pakistan...this idea is stolen by western thieves and turned it into a turmeric latte without giving credit where it's due

4. Kyle Noe

Kyle NoeMonth ago

Turmeric is used in Pakistani curry. It tastes weird imo.

5. Wolfy Kaname

Wolfy KanameMonth ago

If I wanted skin glow I'd go take a few shots of vodka.

6. Curly Yasmin

Curly Yasmin2 months ago

You are just always full of bad news...

7. iMountain Media

iMountain Media2 months ago

Check out this video: mreporter.net/v/video-7KQE9bAYig4.html I trust Dr. Michael Gregor. He analyzes all the science. Or mreporter.net/v/video-QNLt1fZR1BI.html

8. Gatoslocos

Gatoslocos2 months ago

So negative.

9. Colin Foo

Colin Foo3 months ago

soy was once a superfood...so was Coca-Cola.

10. AntiMessiah

AntiMessiah3 months ago

People in #India only use 1-2 tea spoon of #turmeric in a family worth's of curry. It is a spice not the main dish to be used in such large quantities.

11. remliqa

remliqa4 months ago

0:45 . Bah, I've bee eating tumeric my whole life and I've yet to see to see so called "glowing skin effects" .

12. J.J. Shank

J.J. Shank4 months ago

Maybe your skin is at its best, and if you stop eating tumeric, it'll get way worse than it is now.

13. Oppie

Oppie4 months ago

Two non-myths about turmeric's benefits: 1) It is delicious. 2) It's pretty effective at turning stuff yellow - especially helpful if you're trying to make "cheesy" type foods as a vegan.

14. em312s0n

em312s0n5 months ago

pan assays = "pain in the ass" more like. cheeky scientists

15. john doe

john doe5 months ago

She's so deformed

16. Sam George

Sam George2 months ago

She is pregnant

17. Zen Newman-Standing

Zen Newman-Standing5 months ago

Your voice is annoying!

18. Bazooka Llama Productions

Bazooka Llama Productions5 months ago

I have ZERO faith in ANYTHING unless I see how the experiment is done to be sure theyve got control groups and large population samples and double blind studies and that they aren't cherry picking. (Eg, having one person get better after eating something, then claiming "THIS CURES CANCER!!!!"

19. Ara Villa R

Ara Villa R6 months ago

Oh not the valley girl accent again :/

20. The Aussie Slav

The Aussie Slav6 months ago

1tsp per day with 8th tsp black pepper n some coconut oil.is.enough...

21. Paul Webster

Paul Webster6 months ago

stupid people jumping on bandwagons... will they never learn?

22. T.C. Bramblett

T.C. Bramblett6 months ago

I NEVER heard of this golden latte thing. Maybe it hasn't trickled down to the hipsters of my city yet.

23. PennyAfNorberg

PennyAfNorberg6 months ago

I was told that it was used as a remedy, against micro infections in india, I thought why not and use it from time to time, but it doesn't tastes much.

24. Deanna Moriarity

Deanna Moriarity6 months ago

..drinking golden milk every night can help your sleep and improve digestion...long term this will bring overall health and vitality up...not to mention consistent sleep schedules.

25. CluelessKomodoDragon

CluelessKomodoDragon6 months ago

Tumeric does have proven anti-inflammatory effects. Of course all the miraculous claims are not true but in a stronger concentrated dose it does have proven effects. Daily JW, Yang M, Park S. Efficacy of Turmeric Extracts and Curcumin for Alleviating the Symptoms of Joint Arthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2016;19(8):717-729. doi:10.1089/jmf.2016.3705.

26. oSmoSia G.

oSmoSia G.6 months ago

Why does this girl end so many sentences with an upword inflection lol

27. Heather Holidays

Heather Holidays6 months ago

Ok fine superfood is like Wonder Women...get it. BUT I LOVEEEEEEE my golden latte and I love my curries and I really love fresh turmeric grated on my salads. I like what you said, I’m just not sure I buy everything you said. I think it is very good for your health, NOTHING is a cure all not CBDs, not Chemo and not even Veggies xoox

28. Konjo Akberet

Konjo Akberet6 months ago

Why does her voice do that at the end of every sentence! 😂

29. Xstorm

Xstorm6 months ago

Tastes good tho.

30. tybi12

tybi126 months ago

What is good for humans?

31. Disquietude

Disquietude6 months ago

Not to be confused with a golden shower

32. m0L3ify

m0L3ify6 months ago

Adding a normal amount of turmeric to your daily diet CAN protect against inflammatory response and DNA damage. (Percival, et al. 2012)

33. Didivs Ivlianvs

Didivs Ivlianvs6 months ago

So curcumin does nothing but whole turmeric has never been tested.

34. ZippieeIfy

ZippieeIfy6 months ago

Ok I hope I'm not the only one here thinking this and maybe I'm wrong. But either way the word "anti-antioxidant" bothers me because it sounds like a double negative. Wouldn't it just be called an oxidant?

35. Emmie M

Emmie M6 months ago

Lmao pains! 😂

36. ThatOneGirl

ThatOneGirl7 months ago

I drank golden lattes since I was very young but my mum would put whole milk , crushed almonds , honey and fresh tumeric and some other things.

37. .ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

.ENGLISH PROFICIENCY7 months ago

There isn't a SINGLE "superfood" in the world, just how much debunking are people gonna need to realise that there are no magical cures for everything? But I guess it looks cool on your instagram photos, so that's all you need these days.

38. Joonyur

Joonyur7 months ago

ROFLMAO@a pretty yellow insta!! But seriously, instinct tends to make me question if turmeric has more benefits to health from any direct effects it would likely have by maintaining colon health... i.e. stimulus and flora management and even parasitic prevention and removal... Anyone know if there's science behind that aspect? Because it can be observed that the health of people with turmeric rich diets tends to be good well into old age...

39. Greg

Greg7 months ago

Can it cure my HIV/AIDS ?

40. AFSamizdat

AFSamizdat7 months ago

Poorly researched, poorly executed. I believe it is somewhat disingenuous to make the association that a latte will not benefit you, therefore tumeric will not, based on a gram consumed of potentially active curcuminoids. A study (from linked sources) implicating that piperine is necessary for increasing turmeric's impact on physiology shouldn't entitle one narrative and not another. E.g. a latte with just turmeric will likely have no benefit, due to the poor availability without the presence of piperine. Not claiming it will cure your cancer, but a lot on what makes tumeric actually assist potential issues are overlooked (e.g. digestive issues, inflammation). I get you guys are probably being grilled to produce material, but you need more than a couple days to review the research on a topic; 10 sources, which includes a chemistry review, a healthlines blog post, a depression study in rats (not even mentioned in the video)... I feel like this was very much a shotgun approach to nailing a predictable narrative

41. addjewelry

addjewelry7 months ago

People and even scientists...

42. Blake Belladonna

Blake Belladonna7 months ago

What's so sad about this truth? That turmeric has basically no positive or negative health effects? Clickbait much?

43. Dylan Stephen

Dylan Stephen7 months ago

you will never understand something, by only looking at one of many parts. scientists are honestly loosing it.. you guys just accept what you want to accept.. ignoring that everything you know, comes from nature- yet somehow 1000's of years of knowledge is thrown out the window because you fed a bunch of rats, one single component of a complex multi layered system, that is constantly growing. just dumb and foolish

44. retrojohnny77

retrojohnny777 months ago

Please consider varying your inflection when speaking. While there is variation within each sentence, there is none from one sentence to the next. It starts off medium, then the pitch goes higher, then slowly fades down toward the end of the sentence, trailing off to lowest at the end. (in EVERY sentence) . ----^^^^-----,,,,,,.....

45. dojufitz

dojufitz7 months ago

The only people who should speak on Turmeric are people using it daily....listen to what they say....

46. Jerry Strupe

Jerry Strupe7 months ago

So a part of me is glad because I almost always think these kind of claims about "super foods" are dumb but I'm kinda sad as if this has little to no effect that means the benifits I've seen since trying suppliments of this are just a placebo.

47. aditi misra

aditi misra7 months ago

Turmeric is not supposed to be a drug and should not be tested like one. The basis of ayurveda is that the foods help you in the long term. But turmeric is definitely good for boosting immunity, fighting inflammation and fighting a cold and has been used for this for ages.

48. Pepper Conchobhar

Pepper Conchobhar7 months ago

I am so happy for Olivia. She's improved her presentation style so much and it's a privilege to watch her grow. She's obviously taken the criticism constructively and really worked to reach her goals. Very awesome job.

49. Louis Jovanovich

Louis Jovanovich7 months ago

I read 'golden latte' and thought that this was going to be a VERY different video

50. Michael Jurney

Michael Jurney7 months ago

This video doesnt seem to agree with the references they cite. In the studies, the case for the positive effects curcumin is clear.

51. Michael Jurney

Michael Jurney7 months ago

How much did the Drug Companies pay you?

52. Monay McNeil

Monay McNeil7 months ago

What if they tried it without isolating those compounds? Oftentimes isolating the compounds takes away the regulating effects that the whole plant has

53. Aloewells

Aloewells7 months ago

Dietary haldi aka turmeric is good, prevents cancer and other Rouge diseases. Used in Indian dishes from ages.forgetting your culture and time Tested food is a disaster especially for Indians.

54. The Chad Pad

The Chad Pad7 months ago

My 80 year old math teacher from Pakistan said they used it to prevent Alzheimer's disease. He was a fun-loving, kind, and wise man. There's gotta be something to it, and I would put money on the combined effect of the compounds in turmeric being good for you, possibly in tandem with other foods used in Middle Eastern cuisine. In any case, I take turmeric/black pepper capsules, so I'll just see where that takes me!

55. Deanna Mullins

Deanna Mullins7 months ago

Is she pregnant?

56. Lance Clemings

Lance Clemings7 months ago

Anyone with half a brain can tell you that even if turmeric did have those properties, all that sugar and milk will throw it out the window anyway. Don't drink goldie lattes for your health. If you really want a healthy caffeinated drink, I'm sorry, but tea and black coffee is probably your best. Never trust a superfood fad. Common sense of what is and isn't good for you will always work, and you would get better results by sticking to a healthy, minimally processed, and balanced diet. AKA actual proper homecooked meals.

57. Alba Spire

Alba Spire7 months ago

“The sad truth” okay “about the turmeric” what “in your golden” s’cuse me? “Latte” UM Who put these words together, I am so confused

58. Rose Margarita

Rose Margarita7 months ago

Curcuma golden milk has helped me so much. The most important i s to use turmeric and pepper. It is great for inflamatory problems.

59. BudG

BudG7 months ago

Turmeric IS a wonder food. Use it backed up with black pepper for it's synergistic action - black pepper potentiates turmeric by a factor of 20 (2,000%). Most of the world supply of turmeric comes from India and is heavily contaminated with 'pesticides/insecticides/etc' so BE SURE TO BUY ORGANIC. Check out turmeric at nutritionalfacts.org

60. Eric Schwenke

Eric Schwenke7 months ago

Oh good, it’s harmless. You had me worried for a moment.

61. Awol Peace

Awol Peace7 months ago

I despise all those health-nuts whom are ALWAYS blindly accepting the newest health fad because of its trending status.

62. Rudra Rath

Rudra Rath7 months ago

Turmeric is a part of Ayurvedic medicine, it helps with acne when applied as a face mask and it is a spice but I don't think it has any benefits when added to a latte.

63. Jeffrey McCune 85

Jeffrey McCune 857 months ago

AMY FAIRAFOWLER

64. Jeffrey McCune 85

Jeffrey McCune 857 months ago

Look left, swivel head to the right. Swivel head back to the right, while swinging shoulders right and back. BUT cluck your elbows like a chicken... CURC.. CURC.. CURRRCUUMIN!

65. Geovanni D.

Geovanni D.7 months ago

This is one of the most biased and un-objective videos on the subject I have ever seen. They really went out of their way to smear this.

66. Michelle Giacalone

Michelle Giacalone7 months ago

I just like the taste. XD

67. GrOOvedelta93

GrOOvedelta937 months ago

Take a shot every time she starts speaking for a new take and decides to go for the exact same voice cadence. Not to say the video's bad or anything, but listening to the same melody over and over does get old after the 3rd time.

68. Fatima Nayani

Fatima Nayani7 months ago

my dudes we south asians have been drinking haldi dood ("turmeric lattes" or "golden milk") for millennia, i'm so done hearing the traditional cold remedy as an instagram health food tend 😂

69. Seannn Arden

Seannn Arden7 months ago

Haha this just in rats aren't people!

70. Xero

Xero7 months ago

I think Dr. Michael Greger M.D. (NutritionFacts(.)org) would have to disagree. He is far, FAR more competent regarding a topic like these than you guys are, and while yeah a lot of these claims are either false or exaggerated, claims like it being better at fighting inflammation that anti-inflammatory drugs are true. I don't think I'll stay subbed if you guys keep pushing this agenda. If anyone's reading this, SciSchow is wrong, just check out NutritionFacts here on MReporter to get actual accurate information on tumeric.

71. Johnny J

Johnny J7 months ago

How does she know about yellow tinted feces.

72. PMW3

PMW37 months ago

I'm sorry I know this is extremely immature, but I busted up laughing at the mention of "nut milk"

73. Kerkopes

Kerkopes7 months ago

I give up.

74. CTFD & DFTBA

CTFD & DFTBA7 months ago

My favorite SciShows are the debunking SciShows

75. Richard BENNETT

Richard BENNETT7 months ago

Easy, easy. Watch what you state. The woman is assuming the benefits of golden milk drinks is due ONLY to the curcumins in the turmeric, which is not necessarily true. So, saying one would have to drink up to 88 cups of golden milk or more per day to get the benefits stated from doses of curcumins used in laboratory studies is flawed thinking. I am surprised SciShow to hear of this error of analysis on your part. It is not proper and scientific to compare the concentration of curcumins in laboratory studies with health benefits of golden milk drinks. As the woman points out, these are two different things. The way to test for health benefits is to run laboratory studies on what the claim is about: drinking golden milk drinks. Why? I hate to state the obvious, but the reason is that it's all the other compounds in the drink with the curcumins that is what is relevant, not just the curcumins alone, because they are not what one is drinking alone.

76. Jesse Stewart

Jesse Stewart7 months ago

Essential oils 3.0

77. Aaron Dangerfield

Aaron Dangerfield7 months ago

mreporter.net/v/video-O2hervOZ3_c.html --> this video, aligns the same theory that pepper (piperine), alongside turmeric (curcumin) creates the reaction which is helpful to burn fats, increase sexual appetite and metabolism. I think it's worth doing a study into the interrelationships between such compounds.

78. Kevin Muyolo

Kevin Muyolo7 months ago

Can you guys do a video on anti-inflammatory diets? PLEASE!

79. typelogin

typelogin7 months ago

There are double-blind studies on Turmeric... do your research and check pub med...

80. Meribah McHayle

Meribah McHayle7 months ago

I am sorry but tumeric is bitter and probably doesn't taste nice with coffee. Instead why not ginger, it doesn't taste bitter but a little goes a long way.

81. Arazak Jonah

Arazak Jonah7 months ago

What a pain in the assy ...

82. Eko Budidharmaja

Eko Budidharmaja7 months ago

Wake up first world people Turmeric or kunir/kunyit are just usual spice used in everyday cooking in the developing countries such as indonesia, malaysia, india etc It have natural yellow coloring properties to make some menu such as opor ayam or nasi kuning No evidence consume it everyday would prevent cancer It's superfood reputation maybe just part of its commercialization to make golden latte a trending beverages

83. Gail Bull

Gail Bull7 months ago

The only health benefit I heard that turmeric has is that it's an anti-inflammatory. I wish you had mentioned that and not just the absurd claims (cancer cure, alzeheimer's cure) that get circulated about every supplement trend in the health food industry.

84. Noah Zork

Noah Zork7 months ago

They're playing us as usual. Dubious incomplete research and conclusions about a popular subject with much nuance, that many feel strongly about. More arguing in the comments. More cha-ching.

85. Noah Zork

Noah Zork7 months ago

The latte is the fad, you do in fact have to at minimum perform a fat extraction with your choice of fat to access the larger concentrations. Way to go Sci Show doing more harm than good as per usual.

86. Kelsey Brown

Kelsey Brown7 months ago

So there isn't an actual reason for this video bc none of the human studies taught you anything. Cool 5min and 24 seconds of my life I will never get back.

87. William Hebert

William Hebert7 months ago

aw dont cry rattie you're still cute!

88. Ty Vasquez

Ty Vasquez7 months ago

I make it because it looks beautiful and the warmth helps me feel calm after a long day. I can't stand most hot drinks but sweet and spice hits the spot. 👌

89. Clay Lapointe

Clay Lapointe7 months ago

I was a little curious ,but the video was so well done I am now going to find out more.thank you.peace.

90. Joe Caner

Joe Caner7 months ago

True. _"Rats are not people,"_ but some people are rats...

91. Allison Reece

Allison Reece7 months ago

This is frankly hilarious! You, young people! Ok, so here I go...I have turmeric regularly...guess what... NO yellow poop! If you happen to be in your fifties, have muscle aches and drink it in warm milk or non-dairy milk like I do... you would notice how the pain leaves your body. But you don't have a fifty something year old body, do you?... so how would you know? mike drop!

92. MasterONT

MasterONT7 months ago

Last on trending

93. Chloe Rose

Chloe Rose7 months ago

That hair on her forehead is bothering me

94. xnebiax

xnebiax7 months ago

But it can taste good.

95. Bobby Harper

Bobby Harper7 months ago

Latte? Turmeric?

96. Barbie Eyez

Barbie Eyez7 months ago

Wow how much did you get paid by the Pharmaceutical company to say that?

97. FalinPerth

FalinPerth7 months ago

Eat turmeric because it is delicious. Turmeric and ginger tea is perfect; woody, spicy, earthy, sweet-ish. I might have to try infusing some milk with turmeric and make a cappuccino, sounds like a good idea. Hopefully being labeled a "superfood" won't make it unaffordable!

98. Equate Null

Equate Null7 months ago

A ring in the nose...just like the animals in the stockyards.....

99. vidusha123

vidusha1237 months ago

Hi please consider following my blog, mysparkedlife.wordpress.com/ 😊 thanks!

100. Edgard Pinheiro

Edgard Pinheiro7 months ago

Turmeric raises the dead too.

101. RJW

RJW7 months ago

god this girl is terrible

102. George Fatherson