Tesla CEO Elon Musk offers rare look inside Model 3 factory

Comments

1. Nelly Vöhringer

Nelly Vöhringer4 hours ago

Always transparent and competent! That's the reason for us to buy a lot of this cars for our rental company!

2. Russell Lee

Russell LeeDay ago

If Mr. Musk was trying to change the world he would sell his cars for $1,000 a piece knowing it would generate tens of millions of sales and put the company in the black. Also extending the range with more battery power, and offering a charging ability using the home's 110 volt outlet. Altogether this would better the lives of the people of the world. Instead this car is a baited hook requiring a $100,000 down payment to be able to 'rent' it for life in having to 'pay' to recharge it at Tesla-only stations. This car is rental bait for those blind enough to fall for it. Elon the fake.

3. Bernie Bernstein

Bernie BernsteinDay ago

That's funny the paid big oil reporter was trying to get a reaction from doing this hit job piece on him Elon was just like yeah uh huh ok.

4. trick49

trick492 days ago

hes a machine

5. Adriana Adnan

Adriana Adnan2 days ago

So amazing.its time to make micro back up office studio bed n shower baby.about time. N breath.u've done it!

6. Eleonora Marko

Eleonora Marko2 days ago

I don't like him , just the way he spoke about Nikola Tesla, shame on him .

7. Kim Kline

Kim Kline3 days ago

I'm really digging this guy

8. Rob Tully

Rob Tully4 days ago

A true leader -- taking fault for his company, zero excuses, optimistic, humble and leading from the front.

9. Josh Roake

Josh Roake4 days ago

Should I go all in long and hold for four years.?

10. The Outlaw

The Outlaw6 days ago

1:40 Is my man tearing up on camera?

11. Joe Cashmere

Joe Cashmere7 days ago

Dude will not quit I love Elon determination if he loses it all today he's the types to laugh it off and get back on his horse a guy like that you can't stop it's impossible

12. MICHGO1

MICHGO18 days ago

VERY MUCH LIKE HENRY FORD AT THE BEGINNING. BUCKING THE ESTABLISHMENT INSISTING THINGS BE DONE HIS WAY AND CHANGING THE AUTOMOBILE WORLD. LET'S HOPE MUSK DOESN'T BECOME A TYRANT LIKE FOR DID AT THE END OF HIS CAREER.

13. MrMdaeu

MrMdaeu11 days ago

As a specialist who can analyze, estimate, forecast, predict etc, my problem with this company is that it hires/fires hundred from sales team, periodically. For me this is an indication of something not right: maybe a way to hide the true income and expenses?

14. sam guapo

sam guapo11 days ago

Today is 7/6/2018 People are questioning his ability to maintain a 5000cars/week production. During this videos filming, people were questioning Tesla's ability to produce 2000cars/week. I guess they aren't questioning 2000 now. I guess when he hits 8000cars/week people will question him being unable to make 100,000cars/week. People.

15. Adriana Adnan

Adriana Adnan11 days ago

I yurve yuh elon duck quack quack

16. Don Deano

Don Deano12 days ago

Trisha looking mf

17. ivy S

ivy S12 days ago

i almost choked on my own trachea when i heard tesla got bankrupt

18. Dana Pearson

Dana Pearson13 days ago

Just ordered mine... best f'n choice I've ever made! Luv that man...putting it all on the line to save our species...

19. Guruprasad Pai

Guruprasad Pai13 days ago

The interview says, Tesla introduced the M3 as a mass produced vehicle to middle class consumers. How can any middle class family afford a $45K and upwards car in today's day? That's not an affordable price in my book.

20. Kimberly Sikorski

Kimberly Sikorski14 days ago

THIS IS A CEO. NOT THE ORANGE CHEETO HEAD AKA. THE TRASH PANDA.

21. Joachim Voldseth

Joachim Voldseth14 days ago

And now they have reached 5000 a week!

22. Fiji Tongan

Fiji Tongan15 days ago

Does Elon even sleep?

23. Bratley Bonard

Bratley Bonard15 days ago

American made cars are back, folks. This time we'll do our best to never let it go. Let's support American made Tesla cars. It's for our country and for us all.

24. Maria Aquos

Maria Aquos15 days ago

No emission of CO2 and no use of even a drop of oil. What else we want from Tesla! Go Tesla. We're here to fully support you.

25. Niki Terrance

Niki Terrance15 days ago

It was April fools' month and Elon's face expression was priceless :)

26. 1848

184815 days ago

if my math is right they make a full car in just 5 minutes, that's pretty good.

27. Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc

Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc16 days ago

The oil companies must be plotting his dead wish

28. Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc

Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc16 days ago

That facility should be manufacture in Detroit.. The home of automobile

29. Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc

Nalva 1776 Trump 45th MaybeLLine-inc16 days ago

I can manufacture a even better car with tax payers money.. I can even send a model to the noon, all with tax payers money..

30. gogo hero

gogo hero17 days ago

"I like it cold..." oh man

31. latengocomoburro

latengocomoburro22 days ago

5:12 I do not understand why the media always tries to find the negative in things. This stupid woman is trying to question Elon Musk like if she was the grand inquisitor. *YES YOU SHOULD LIGHTEN UP!!!*

32. Young Simba

Young Simba22 days ago

Genius at work

33. 路过人

路过人22 days ago

Elon, my hero! Go Musk!

34. Joe Dwyer

Joe Dwyer24 days ago

Musk haters are either jealous or weak. He is in the grind and I believe he will survive it with strength and resilience.

35. Danny Reed

Danny Reed24 days ago

The robots are programmed so if you stand around too long they pick you up, spray paint you and bolt you in place.

36. tuj

tuj24 days ago

Keep it up Elon. Plenty would have already given up.

37. Forrest's Auto Reviews

Forrest's Auto Reviews24 days ago

I just reviewed this car and it's truly amazing!

38. Marcus Yakira

Marcus Yakira24 days ago

Over-promise and Under-deliver

39. John Rambo

John Rambo26 days ago

If an April Fools offended you...please leave the Planet. Hint hint thats you uppity interviewer lady

40. Nguyễn Hữu Vương

Nguyễn Hữu Vương26 days ago

Look at those red eyes we can understand that he stays up too late and he has been thinking for so long

41. Mnn bere NORM

Mnn bere NORM26 days ago

musks april joke i so amazing

42. Christopher Jalkson

Christopher Jalkson27 days ago

I like the fact that he is brutally honest with this interview. I'm a fan.

43. Jeffrey Vuong

Jeffrey Vuong28 days ago

Fun fact: Elon's salary is $34k. However he only accepts $1. The rest goes into his entrepreneurial endeavors.

44. William Jones

William Jones29 days ago

Hi

45. Fred Pinczuk

Fred PinczukMonth ago

Like him or the brand (or not), the fact that he would sleep right on the production floor planning room say's a lot about the man.

46. Josue Galvez

Josue GalvezMonth ago

Ellon Musk you are the best man , 😂😂 April fools . His cars are the future my children will drive your cars.

47. William Kwan

William KwanMonth ago

Elon should slow down and see his own health before the cars

48. Gilmar Aparecido Pedroso de Morais

Gilmar Aparecido Pedroso de MoraisMonth ago

Se eu pudesse pelo menos trabalhar uma empresa desta, eu já estava bem satisfeito!!!

49. Gilmar Aparecido Pedroso de Morais

Gilmar Aparecido Pedroso de MoraisMonth ago

Puxa que legal, mas infelizmente não tenho um carro lindo como esse!

50. Random Ness

Random NessMonth ago

This Model 3 is going to make history like Henry Ford's Model T. An electric car affordable to the masses.

51. 钟季平

钟季平Month ago

Do you have WeChat? I want to learn English with Americans. Of course, I can also teach Mandarin.

52. most heaviest mann

most heaviest mannMonth ago

So this is something cool. Tesla is doing something amazing. Even though there have been claims of union busting at the Freemont plant, and even though they seriously need to get the cars out of the door, even if the company does go bankrupt, they've done something remarkable. They've gotten people excited about the electric car again. Furthermore, Elon musk is a visionary. He is willing to be honest, and dedicate himself 100% to his product. You don't ever see that in 2018

53. César De la Hoz

César De la HozMonth ago

"rare" interview? Why is it that CBS calls every interview related to Elon Musk as rare? They did the same thing when they interviewed SpaceX CEO. It's time for CBS to hire smart people.

54. Joe D

Joe DMonth ago

"I like it cold" Reminds me of the monster in stranger things

55. Yong he

Yong heMonth ago

Drove model 3 for 3 weeks, best car ever! truly overturn the entire industry like iPhone, many people (parts, dealers, sales, gas station, repair shops, even smog check station) are going to lose jobs and media losing ads money because of Tesla...

56. Louise Jones

Louise JonesMonth ago

I love Tesla model 3

57. number1fansince

number1fansinceMonth ago

Just look at the man. He obviously is very passionate about his product. I can see a hard working face when I see one and tbh the car is truly amazing. Why do people not want an America car company built buy Americans to succeed.

58. Andre Kirsch

Andre KirschMonth ago

In CA we still have the 30% tax credit until dec31 2018. get a solar quote today Andre@lasolargroup.com

59. Vincze Szilard

Vincze SzilardMonth ago

Where can the full interview be found?

60. Filmmakers and filmmaking

Filmmakers and filmmakingMonth ago

Awesome. .. superb .... excellent models.... it's the present .... in the future u will get models with more advanced performances .... Advantage ... Elon musk is god

61. Melvin Teruel

Melvin TeruelMonth ago

Great job Elon and all u people working in Tesla factory's thanks a lot to bring future not more gasoline smoke

62. Karl oSecker

Karl oSeckerMonth ago

I want Musk to adopt me

63. PrincePhase

PrincePhaseMonth ago

A billionaire who sleeps on a couch is a genius in work. No time for even his own family. If your boss does this to himself then you're lucky to have a job not yet replaced by a robot

64. Kiki Kokos

Kiki Kokos2 months ago

I would love me a tesla hat just like elon’s 😎

65. conservative personnel

conservative personnel2 months ago

hope things go good for this guy

66. JJ Youmans

JJ Youmans2 months ago

I give Elon a lot of credit for his honesty regarding the problems he and the company are facing. Not many CEOs in his position would take this kind of heat as well as he is.

67. The Truth

The Truth2 months ago

Elon Musk’s ego got in the way of logical thinking. He thought he could reinvent the wheel and have robots do everything. Mark my words. His semi will never get produced by 2019.

68. Itzmee_Albert

Itzmee_Albert2 months ago

Elon Musk sounds like a character from Mortal Kombat

69. ROBERT LYMER

ROBERT LYMER2 months ago

This is how he sorts problems out. His staff don't feel what he does. He is so driven to make things work. He will not sleep if he goes home. Just have a rest at work then carry on fixing. Good on him. I do feel what he does as I run my own business.

70. Darcy O'Queef

Darcy O'Queef2 months ago

The most useless cars are Hybrids. Go electric or petroleum.

71. Против Глобал

Против Глобал2 months ago

"You think this level of automation is easy? Or cheap?" Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park.

72. Singing Jigglypuff

Singing Jigglypuff2 months ago

Hes just tryin to raise enough money to get as far away from skynet as he can before the awakening.

73. Ahmad Dwiki-Pradany

Ahmad Dwiki-Pradany2 months ago

mass selling easter egg, lol XD

74. 路过人

路过人2 months ago

Elon, gets a good couch! It will worth every penny! Rest well to have energy and good health. Please take care of yourself!!

75. matt matthew

matt matthew2 months ago

The problem I think with elon/tesla, is one, time/production times, and also the hype train, its funny to put it that/this way, but the one big issue is saying here's the model 3, now wait 5years, the hype is dead in 5years/after 6months, honestly, making customers wait at all kills the wow factor allot, I know that's sad, but its true, its hard to get things done fast and right, but thats how you can sell allot of product, by letting the customer hear about the product and then saying heres your car, but I realize that this is hard todo, if not impossible, with out lots of space/warehouses/workers.

76. Julia L

Julia L2 months ago

sexy man

77. Prince Adam

Prince Adam2 months ago

HURRY UP AND BUILD SOMETHING THAT WILL BEAT A BUGATTI!!!! RIMAC IS ALREADY BEATING YOU!!!!

78. Travis Warren

Travis Warren2 months ago

Made in the USA too!

79. Ricardo Ellison

Ricardo Ellison2 months ago

Well no great wonder why Elon can't even begin to meet his production goals!...just look at how slowly all this automation is assembling these vehicles!

80. numbersix100

numbersix1002 months ago

When Honda and VW decide to start making electric cars on a large scale Tesla will struggle. Honda and VW both make about 100,000 cars a week. They both know how to mass produce cars.

81. Jeffrey Chang

Jeffrey Chang2 months ago

Hi, Republicans can repeal and replace Obamacare.

82. Alejandro Rodriguez

Alejandro Rodriguez2 months ago

ELON DOESNT CARE ABOUT BATHROOM BREAKS

83. J M

J M2 months ago

I can't stand her, how can someone in her position not be able to take a joke? Who's she of ALL people to say that it wasn't funny? Unreal! The media makes me want to rip my hair out, I can't watch that crap anymore.

84. cityhustleHD

cityhustleHD2 months ago

I used to work at the Tesla Factory in Fremont Ca, building the Model 3 assembly line. The pay was $18 an hr, & the work was exhausting, 12 hr shifts 6 days a week. But I’m proud to be part of that experience

85. Dave Tone

Dave Tone2 months ago

That was great! As an owner of a few shares, this was a terrific look and interview, and renews my fait in this incredible pioneer, Elon Musk, a true *Tesla* of our time.

86. Chris Duane

Chris Duane2 months ago

Impressive guy, but why did his mother give him a name that sounds like a gay man's cologne?

87. KK THOTHE

KK THOTHE2 months ago

Accidents happen.... darn thing caught on fire .... we will do everything to make sure that the victim is as comfortable as possible... Amen ... That's just how we are. Immensely remorseful!!!!!!!!!! Now!..... .GO Save some Martians, Elon!!!

88. KK THOTHE

KK THOTHE2 months ago

In spite of all this Elon to make up for it you could make a giant humanitarian effort to Mars to save those beings from the meager existence of their lives with just around 2 to 3 % oxygen in their atmosphere....Stop the Cannibals too ! Yuck! They don't have enough water either, bb....And its cold....brrrrrrr!

89. Every Elon Musk Video

Every Elon Musk Video2 months ago

Tesla is gonna make it!

90. Kevin Colt

Kevin Colt2 months ago

to everyone with half a brain out there,.... its time to buy, enjoy the dip.. ps: u can not stop elon, elon stops u.

91. john michael dellariarte

john michael dellariarte2 months ago

You go Elon! Wishing you the best!

92. fred a

fred a2 months ago

Jeezus kriste. All that taxpayer cash and they still can’t make it work? Wtf they must need more of our money. Idiots

93. Lerum Lae

Lerum Lae2 months ago

*We are with you - and we love you Elon*

94. pete b

pete b2 months ago

ELON!!! All we wanted was an affordable EV with decent range. That's it. Period. I don't care if it's semi autonomous or anything close. I just wanna drive to work in a friggin EV, not a technological master piece. Get some rest dude. You look wrecked. Take care of yourself. We need guys like you.

95. Ash Taylor

Ash Taylor2 months ago

Reading his book... Nothing but inspirational. Keep going Elon use that inner Agoge.

96. bryan morlock

bryan morlock2 months ago

The thing is.. You will respect your boss more if they are putting the time in as well. I know I would. Props to Elon for sleeping there and working on things

97. Cool & Quiet

Cool & Quiet2 months ago

those glasses are comical.

98. Chris Duane

Chris Duane2 months ago

Oh well, her entire style and presentation is stupid.

99. Cool & Quiet

Cool & Quiet2 months ago

referring to Gayle's glasses.

100. Chris Duane

Chris Duane2 months ago

OSHA required PPE.

101. CrYm1n4l

CrYm1n4l2 months ago

Someone needs to play more Factorio

102. Thomas Wepfer

Thomas Wepfer2 months ago

These CBS fools are still uploading interlaced video to MReporter, you can see the comb effect very clearly in this video...... That's pretty bad....

103. Kimberly Brown

Kimberly Brown2 months ago

I used to be a production manager at a machine shop we made Transmissions A-Arms spindles. now I own a car dealership. it would be an honor to come and work for you.. Elon